Staff with responsibility for Remote Learning
Mrs J O’Connor, Mrs J Todhunter, Miss A Montgomery
At times of school closure students will be required to complete their work online. This will involve at variety of activities and tasks and will include some “live” teaching via Microsoft Teams. In order to work remotely students are required to:
- Access their work through Firefly (see below)
- Follow their normal school timetable each day, completing all set tasks to the best of their ability
- Report any issues with completing work to their Achievement Coordinator
- Adhere at all times to the Remote Learning Policy (see below)
- Recognising that engagement with remote learning is compulsory and will help to prevent students from missing out further on their education.
Accessing Remote Learning
For each lesson, students must check their Firefly TASK LIST for work set by teachers. Students can also visit the ‘Student Closure’ page to view the relevant pages and information for each subject and task. Tasks will either be completed on-line or may need to be completed on paper – students should ensure they bring all tasks completed on paper to school when they return.
To access Firefly from the internet at home, visit the CtK Website (www.ctk.lancs.sch.uk) – the Firefly link is visible in the top corner of the webpage. Students need to use their full school email address (username + @ctk.lancs.sch.uk) and usual password to log in – they should have a record of these in their Student Planner.
Parents / Carers of all students are asked to support us by ensuring that their children engage fully with their on-line learning.
Communicating with School
At CtK we use Groupcall to be able to communicate with our parents. Please ensure you have registered your email address and mobile number with school in order to use this service (it is free for parents to use).
1. If you have not already done so, install The Xpressions App.
Click the Google Play icon or App Store icon to install the app
2. When you have installed the app, open it and enter your email address then click ‘Next’.
All personal details will be taken from the school records, so the information you provide needs to match what we have on file. If you are unable to enter details successfully you will need to speak to reception. If you are sure you have entered information correctly but you still see an error message, it is likely that the school records are incorrect so please contact your school.
3. Enter your mobile number and click ‘Next’.
When you have entered details correctly you will receive a text message to your mobile phone containing a 6 digit code.
4. Enter this code on screen and press ‘Login’.
If you do not receive a code, use the ‘Resend Code’ function. However there can be delays due to mobile phone providers and other factors outside of the control of Xpressions and the school so please wait for at least 5 minutes and ensure you are in an area with mobile phone coverage.
5. Create a Password (Recommended).
It is recommended that you create a password for your account at this stage. If you need to login again, or on another device, having a password will make the process easier. See our recommendations for a strong and secure password Setting a Strong Password