Staff with responsibility for Remote Learning: Mrs J O’Connor, Mrs J Todhunter, Miss A Montgomery
At times of school closure students will be required to complete their work online. This will involve at variety of activities and tasks and will include some “live” teaching via Microsoft Teams. In order to work remotely students are required to:
- Access their work through Firefly (see below)
- Follow their normal school timetable each day, completing all set tasks to the best of their ability
- Report any issues with completing work to their Achievement Coordinator
- Adhere at all times to the Remote Learning Policy (see below)
- Recognising that engagement with remote learning is compulsory and will help to prevent students from missing out further on their education.
Accessing Remote Learning
For each lesson, students must check their Firefly TASK LIST for work set by teachers. Students can also visit the ‘Student Closure’ page to view the relevant pages and information for each subject and task. Tasks will either be completed on-line or may need to be completed on paper – students should ensure they bring all tasks completed on paper to school when they return.
To access Firefly from the internet at home, visit the CtK Website (www.ctk.lancs.sch.uk) – the Firefly link is visible in the top corner of the webpage. Students need to use their full school email address (username + @ctk.lancs.sch.uk) and usual password to log in – they should have a record of these in their Student Planner.
Parents / Carers of all students are asked to support us by ensuring that their children engage fully with their on-line learning.