In addition to IAG at CtK, students and parents can visit the ‘National Careers Service’ website or use their helpline to access independent IAG. Visit https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/ or call 0800 100 900 for further information and independent advice on careers and training opportunities and links to other useful websites and career tools.
Students have access to a wide range of online career guidance tools and websites which are easily accessible via the links and information provided on Firefly/Students/My Careers section.
START: a free online digital platform providing up to date careers information, advice and guidance. Students can take part in engaging and visual activities to help them make informed decisions. Students can access START by using the log in details on firefly: https://firefly.ctk.lancs.sch.uk/my-careers/start-online-careers-platform.
- Links Government Web sites:-
- National Careers Service; https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/
- Careers Advice for parents; https://www.careersadviceforparents.org/
- National Apprenticeship Service: https://www.getingofar.gov.uk/
- Links to Job profiles:-
- National Careers Service; https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/job-profiles/home
- National Health Service; https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles
- Prospects; https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles
- Target Jobs; https://targetjobs.co.uk/careers-advice/job-descriptions
Careers in Construction:
Careers in Digital Media Technology:
Careers in the Health and Social Care Sector:
Careers in Hospitality:
Careers and Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths (STEM):
Careers that Move: